Aims & Objectives
- To empower people with a stutter who, like us work hard to become an eloquent speaker.
- To be advocates for people with a stutter in the community
- To provide training and self-development opportunities for people with a stutter.
- To educate the community on stuttering and raise awareness of the impacts of stuttering on people and those around them.
- To educate people with a stutter on alternatives to speech therapy and provide information on how alternative programmes can help achieve people with a stutter a successful solution to overcome stuttering.
- To make alternative stuttering programmes accessible financially to people from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- To provide a central hub to people who want to work hard on overcoming their stutter through non-traditional speech therapy techniques.
- To provide a website informing the public about the , stuttering in general and the personal development opportunities available to stuttering, that does not involve speech therapy.
- To make available meeting groups and training workshops for our members.
- To offer guidelines for any group practice sessions or meetings.
- To promote the Australian Stuttering Warriors to people who stutter, their families and the general community.
- To add a footprint in local community initiatives by volunteering and providing guest speakers to local events.